Download Help Generator for Visual Basic 6.0
30 days Free Trial, code signed
- This download concerns 'Classic VB (VB6)' as in Visual Studio 6. Click this link for download of .NET versions
- if you get the message 'non 7-zip archive' when starting the
setup, please try the msiAlternative downloads:
- msi setup:
- generator add-in without help editor: helpgeneratorvb6addinsetup.exe
Note: requires NET Framework 4.0
Help Generator for Visual Basic 6.0. The fastest way to add help and documentation to your Visual Basic applications.
- File Name: helpgeneratorvb6setup.exe
- Date Published: 22jan14
- Language: English
- Download Size: 13.058kb
Instructions for use
To Start the Help Generator Add-In:
- Open Visual Studio 6
- Open the VB6 project you want to add help and documentation to
- On the menu: Tools > Help Generator
To Start the Help Editor
- Start > All Programs > Help Generator > Help Editor.
To Start the Help Capture:
Note: you can also start Help Capture from the Help Editor from ribbon > Insert > Capture
- Start > All Programs > Help Generator > Help Capture.
a camera icon appears in the tray (bottom right of your computer screen)
- The first time, the camera icon will be hidden. To fix this,
a. In the tray, Right-click Notification Chevron ('Show hidden icons') and select Customize Notification Icons
b. Change Help Capture icon to 'Show icon and notifications'
3. Click on the camera icon menu to start a capture - or use hotkeys
Unblock Help file
If the help file does not show this is caused by Windows security. To solve this:
- Locate the Help file in the folder where you installed
- Right-click on it and select Properties
- Click Unblock
From now on the Help file will be ok.