The Help Editor - a high
productivity IDE for creating excellent help
The new Help Editor is one of the most advanced help authoring environment on
the market. Being fully HTML Help (hhp, chm) based, you will easily switch from
any help authoring tool you may currently be using. Because all elements in the help system are standard files in the file
system - HTML, images, css,... - working on a help project can be done by
several people simultaneously, using their favorite toolset. Using style sheets,
quick parts (text snippets) and templates help getting a consistent style. Add
image for a list of features.
- Extensive support of drag and drop
for high productivity. For example select key phrases and drop
them on the page's index.
- Includes the Help Capture tool to generate complete topic pages from any
part of your applications user interface - forms, menus, ... - again, a great
- The Word 2010 alike ribbon ensures easy WYSIWYG HTML editing and lets you
switch anytime to advanced HTML code editing mode.
- The dockable tool windows for index and content tree allow rearrangement and
resizing to make better use of your workspace.
- Multiple document interface lets you switch easily between documents.
- The review - broken links
helps find and correct linking issues in topic pages, table of contents and
- The integrated HTML Tidy features makes sure your (X)HTML code is without errors.
- You can publish help either as HTML Help
(.chm), browser based help or manual -
Word document or PDF
- Use the customizable quick parts to effortlessly add stylish texts for tips,
notes, warnings, related topics and similar templates.
- The web help is implemented using jQuery. Consequently it will work on
virtually all browsers (Firefox 3.6+, Internet Explorer 6+, Safari 3+, Opera,
- Creating different language versions of the help is as simple as copying the
help project folder and replacing the help topic content.
- Full Unicode support.
- Spelling check using Open Office
libraries - many languages supported with free library downloads.